Sunday, February 28, 2016

beautiful...

Mary V. sparked my interest in this and I am so glad that she did! Although she is not a highly renowned artist, I am glad that I looked at her. Her work very much deals with the ideas that mine does. 

~ Shea Glover ~

Glover, an 18 year old student from Chicago, did a social experiment in which she took a video of someone and said to them, "I'm taking pictures of things that I find beautiful". The way that they reacted was amazing and varied from person to person. Some people laughed awkwardly, some giggled and said "thank you", some didn't believe her and stormed off, some people were so flattered as if they had never heard it before. I love that she did this and that she chose a broad variety of subjects to take pictures/ videos of. 

Here are a few of the pictures that she captured of before she said anything vs. after she told them they were beautiful. 






Here is her overall video... it is very interesting and I think you all should watch it!!




1 comment:

  1. Excellent reference. It doesn’t matter if the artist is not ‘highly renowned.” This is quality work. Make sure you include citation...or did I miss it? Also, taking a still shot of before and after from the video was a great idea. What do you think about the differences between a still and a video? one impact greater than the other? or in just a different way? how? and might you include some still shots that might follow your video? hummm.

    ReplyDelete