Sunday, March 6, 2016

emotions...

capturing the moment. 

It has been hard trying to capture emotions as they happen. I have tried and failed for the past few weekends. It is quite difficult, but I am still working on it. I am hoping to be able to get some this week because I will have a lot more time (now that the play is over). I will however potentially be able to start on my 3rd piece. I don't want to spoil it yet because I haven't worked out all the details... I will tell you though it deals with emotions, identity, expression, etc... I can't wait to be able to share it with all of you!!

Bruce Nauman

Bruce Nauman is recognized among the art world as "one of the most innovative and provocative of America’s contemporary artists". He had dealt with sculpture, video, film, printmaking, performance, and installation, which are all very interesting to me as well. He also concentrates "less on the development of a characteristic style and more on the way in which a process or activity can transform or become a work of art." I think this is very interesting because I would love to be able to explain my process in a few of my pieces because they were such a large part of the actual artwork itself. For example, in my first piece, the process of going around and asking people to tell me something hurtful that has been said to them is extremely interesting. It was interesting learning a small snippet of these people's lives that has affected them so greatly. I think that would be interesting to tell people once they have seen it. 

I just thought he was interesting because he has dealt with a lot of the same stuff that I am currently in but in different ways. 



Citations : 
art21.org

1 comment:

  1. Excellent connection made to your own work.

    ReplyDelete