Am I Moving On?
I've recently REALLY been thinking about how the project I'm working on now is going to affect people. I like the idea of being able to captivate my audience and see how they will respond to my work.
Ann Hamilton
Mrs. Miller suggested that I continue to look into different artists and see how their works can affect me. Ann Hamilton is one of these artists. She is very interesting. After looking into her, I feel like I want to expand this idea of reaching vast audiences in large and sometimes overwhelming ways. Hamilton used swings in one piece to incorporate her audience... (See pictures below)
She also uses the walls and ceiling to incorporate people into her work.
What I Have Taken From This Artist
After studying Hamilton, I have thought of a few ideas. I want to capture this idea of emotion and other people's feelings in other ways. I want to maybe expand to a new medium and use video to portray these emotions (sadness, joy, anger, frustration, peace...) Like Hamilton, I want to use the audience's surroundings by projecting these videos onto a wall. This way, the audience can experience these emotions and possibly be overwhelmed by them. I'm really excited to see how this idea will play out in my next project.
Sorry this blog was a little shorter.. :)
Citations:
http://www.art21.org/artists/ann-hamilton


WhooHoo, citation. You are a smart girl that catch’s on quick. I knew you’d like her. Remind me to show you something that I have that you will be excited about.
ReplyDeleteKeep the wheels turning, and keep looking at artists. One begets another and so on...
Ashley, this artist is amazing! I L O V E that first piece - those curtains *heart eyes* I'm so excited to see where you go with this project - and with your "voices" project (not sure what to officially call it).
ReplyDelete